Thursday, October 8, 2015

Networking

I recently asked a network I am involved in for some help with a professional issue. I laid out my need and waited. I have not been very active in this network so I was a little curious how the network would react. The responses are still coming, however a couple people I had not heard from in years went out of their way to both encourage and help me out. These were relationships that were valuable to me years ago, I simply let them get stale. However when I was in need they responded. I would have done the same for them. The power of networks lie in the people and relationships in those networks, and if they are real and true, even if they were a long time ago, they are still very powerful.

I have a new take on networking, a new perspective and respect for the relationships hidden deep within it.  I think networks should be valued, honored and never taken for granted.  If you have a network treat it with care.

No comments:

Post a Comment