Friday, October 2, 2015

Why?

The other day my kids were laughing hysterically at a YouTube video of a preacher saying 'why' in a heavy southern accent over and over. Guess what they have been doing since they watched the video? Yep, repeating 'why' in that thick accent over and over. I started thinking about this and for whatever reason have began to ask this question about most every thing in my life. No obnoxiously as my kids, but to myself in a spirit of evaluation. Why am I preparing this way? Why am I working out this way? Why do I respond the same way when she asks that? Why?

Why is a powerful question because it forces me to evaluate to give a reason to create an explanation. Why forces change, or it solidifies a decision. Why does not demand change, it simply demands an explanation.

Start asking why and you might find more productivity, a deepening relationship, a new start or a healthier life. Why? Why? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment